Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate Pudding

Well, hoping for more sun this week. Last week after three days of indoor recess we were all climbing the walls. Heading into the first five-day week since last June, trying to stay upbeat about it. Hoping we all make. It through together.
Friday included a surprise of yummy fries from a local pizza shop. They were the prize from a bet I won. I was glad I won because winning meant I had connected with the parent of a troubled student. It was a win win for me because it meant I could not only help the student but the parent as well.
Went to a bus stop Friday morning to investigate a parent complaint. Now the kids want me to come every day ( not happening). Fortunately it wasn't cold or raining, but there are a lot of challenging children at this stop. God bless the bus driver:)
Looking to keep getting to know the kids by name, it is a long slow process. I certainly know my kindergarten friends well and I am awed and amazed by the kindergarten staff every day. Note to self though, don't wear white and then visit kindergarten/first grade lunch. I help open all kinds of packages and containers, and while the hugs are great, their little hands are often a bit messy. I had a little boy on Friday who ate his pudding out of the container it was in without the aid of any type of utensil. Of course it was chocolate pudding and he literally had it from ear to ear. What a mess! But he was happy as could be.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment